14U Team and 15U Team Tryouts will take place on March 21 (1st Rnd) and March 24th (Final Rnd) at Lakeview High School in Cottonwood, MN.
16U and 17U tryout dates will be March 28 and April 1 (if needed).
We have only have one boys team per age group. Please see details on separate TABs below for specific dates for each age groups. All players on the team are expected to attend these tryouts and team development.
Tryouts will include skill evaluation, athletic ability, and team play. Come ready to compete and improve.
|4:30 - 5:00 pm||Player Arrive at Lakeview High School and Register|
|5:10 - 5:15 pm||Opening Remarks and Introductions|
|5:15 - 8:00 pm||Player Workout and Player Evaluation|
|6:30 pm||Arrive and Warmup|
|6:50 pm||Workout and Player Evaluation Starts|
|Sunday, March 28 from 6:15 to 9:15||Player Registration and Team Tryouts|
|Thursday, April 1 from 6:40 to 9:15pm||Player Workout and Team Evaluation||This might be a workout|
Try Out / Administration Fee: $40
• This fee applies only to a player NEW to the SW MN Stars program this year. If you have played on Stars team last year, this fee does not apply to you. Payment can be made online through our online registration or with personal check on first day of tryouts.
Player Profile and Liability & Rules Waivers
• We required ALL players to use the Online Tryout Player Registration (above) to fill out Player Profile information to communicate you plans to attend tryouts. The form includes acceptance of our Liability Waiver and Team Rules Form to communicate you accept our requirements and expectations. Thanks for taking time to provide detailed and accurate information.
Player Evaluation Process:
• We expect ALL players to attend these tryouts as they are part of our practice / workouts schedule for year.
• You will be put through individual skill work, group drills, and team play.
• You will have best chance of making a SW MN Stars Roster by attending the both tryout dates. If you are not able to attend these dates and still want to compete for roster spot, please clearly communicate two (2) weeks in advance along with the reason for missing either tryout date.
• You will be contacted directly by a Stars coach after each tryout date if you have move onto the next round / player evaluation date. Do not show up at the next date unless you are contacted by a SW MN Stars coach.
• Final Roster spots for all teams will be selected 1-3 days after tryouts. You will be contact by the coaches if selected. You will have two days to accept the roster spot after it is offered.
Guaranteed & Committed Roster Spot Players:
• Players that have been offered a Guaranteed Elite Team Roster spot prior to Try-Outs must clearly indicate by April 5 of any tournaments they are not able to attend due to other commitments. This allows us to communicate to reserve players what opportunities they will have to compete in tournaments.
Phone: (605) 376-4651