14U Team and 15U Team Tryouts have been scheduled to start on Sunday, March 13 with 2nd date being Wednesday, March 16, 2022. We currently plan to have 16 players per age group for 14U and 15U while have two teams competing on several tournament weekends.
16U and 17U tryout dates will be March 19 and March 22 at Marshall Middle School and High School.
We will have 12-13 players for 16U and 17U teams with 9-10 players attending tournaments on 7-8 Tournaments.
All players on the team are expected to attend these tryouts and team development. Tryouts will include skill evaluation, athletic ability, and team play. Come ready to compete and improve.
Try Out / Administration Fee: $40
• This fee applies only to a player NEW to the SW MN Stars program this year. If you have played on Stars team last year, this fee does not apply to you. Payment can be made online through our online registration or with personal check on first day of tryouts.
Player Profile and Liability & Rules Waivers
• We required ALL players to use the Online Tryout Player Registration (above) to fill out Player Profile information to communicate you plans to attend tryouts. The form includes acceptance of our Liability Waiver and Team Rules Form to communicate you accept our requirements and expectations. Thanks for taking time to provide detailed and accurate information.
Player Evaluation Process:
• We expect ALL players to attend these tryouts as they are part of our practice / workouts schedule for year.
• You will be put through individual skill work, group drills, and team play.
• You will have best chance of making a SW MN Stars Roster by attending the both tryout dates. If you are not able to attend these dates and still want to compete for roster spot, please clearly communicate two (2) weeks in advance along with the reason for missing either tryout date.
• You will be contacted directly by a Stars coach after each tryout date if you have move onto the next round / player evaluation date. Do not show up at the next date unless you are contacted by a SW MN Stars coach.
• Final Roster spots for all teams will be selected 1-3 days after tryouts. You will be contact by the coaches if selected. You will have two days to accept the roster spot after it is offered.
Guaranteed & Committed Roster Spot Players:
• Players that have been offered a Guaranteed Elite Team Roster spot prior to Try-Outs must clearly indicate by April 5 of any tournaments they are not able to attend due to other commitments. This allows us to communicate to reserve players what opportunities they will have to compete in tournaments.
Phone: (605) 376-4651