14s Team and 15s Team Tryouts will be on March 15th (1st Round) and 18th (Final Round)
16s Team and 17s Team Tryouts and Player Development will be on March 22nd (1st Round) and 26th (Final Round).
These are open tryouts for 7th thru 11th grade players to attend.
We have only have one team per age group. Please see details on separate TABs below for specific dates for each age groups. All players on the team are expected to attend these tryouts and team development. Please note specific site locations for each day (at SMSU or Marshall High School).
Tryouts will include skill evaluation and team play. Come ready to compete.
The Registration "" is not currently available.
Try Out / Administration Fee: $35
• This fee applies only to a player NEW to the SW MN Stars program this year. If you have played in the Stars Program in previous years, this does not apply to you. Payment can be made online through our online registration or with personal check on first day of tryouts.
Player Profile and Liability & Rules Waivers
• We required all NEW players to use Online Tryout Registration (above) to fill out Player Profile information along with accepting Liability & Team Rules Form for tryouts to communicate you will be attending and make registration process well.
Player Evaluation Process:
• We expect ALL players to attend these practice and workouts.
• You will be put through individual skill work, group drills, and team play.
• You will have best chance of making a SW MN Stars Roster by attending the first tryout dates. If you are not able to attend these dates and still want to compete for roster spot, please clearly communicate two weeks in advance along with the reason for missing the first tryout date.
• You will be contacted directly by a Stars coach after each tryout date if you have move onto the next round / player evaluation date. Do not show up at the next date unless you are contacted by a SW MN Stars coach.
• Final Roster spots for all teams will be selected 1-3 days after tryouts. You will be contact by the coaches if selected. You will have two days to accept the roster spot after it is offered.
Guaranteed & Committed Roster Spot Players:
• Players that have been offered a Guaranteed Elite Team Roster spot prior to Try-Outs must clearly indicate by March 25th of any tournaments they are not able to attend due to other commitments. This allows us to communicate to reserve players what opportunities they will have to complete in tournaments.
NEW Players please use registration link above for Tryout Registration and Player Profile.
Phone: (605) 376-4651